We help homeless pets by providing grants to Petfinder member shelters and rescue groups. Your donation of any amount will help dogs, cats and other animals across North America. Since 2003, the Petfinder Foundation has provided over $20 million worth of grants to Petfinder member shelters and rescue groups to help homeless pets!
Your donation in 2012 helped…
- Provide almost 6,500 dogs with Thundershirts to help ease their stress
- Renovate 5 different shelters to help improve the lives of the pets in their care
- Vaccinate over 7,800 pets against common shelter illnesses
- Provided almost $200,000 in food and treats to homeless pets
- Aid 1,000’s of Animal Welfare Organizations in times of disaster or stress.
Whether you volunteer at your local shelter or get involved with our Street Team or Rescue U, there are a lot of ways you can help pets in a hands on way. Getting out there and actively helping pets in your community is a very rewarding way to spend your time.
So you’ve donated…you volunteer…what now? We’ve compiled a list of other easy ways you can help pets, many of them free!