To accomplish our mission of ending the euthanasia of adoptable pets, we concentrate our work in four core programs: Care of Shelter Pets, Emergency Management & Disaster Recovery, and Sponsor a Pet.
Learn about our grant types and opportunities below.
Even if you can’t adopt, we make it easy to help provide shelter and care for a pet awaiting a home. We provide a way for shelters and rescues to fundraise for the pets in their care, and cultivate local donors to make their group more sustainable. Read Sponsor A Pet FAQs here. If you are a Petfinder member, you can click below to apply to be a part of the program.
Each grant offered from the Petfinder Foundation will come with their own specific set of guidelines. However general grant requirements include:
- Be a Petfinder member in good standing
- Providing shelter contact information, including EIN
- Providing shelter intake, adoption and euthanasia numbers
- Participation in completing monthly surveys about the awarded grant
- Participation in press releases drafted by the Petfinder Foundation
- Submitting of a formal grant report to the Petfinder Foundation after grant funds have been spent, including providing receipts
- Submitting pictures and adoption stories to the Petfinder Foundation of pets who were helped with the grant award